1.06.2014

Ringing in the new year with style

I haven't posted for awhile mainly because of how busy I've been! But I have lots of updates to report, so stay tuned! This is definitely a much needed update, especially for all of you out there wondering what us Dimonds have been up to as we ended one more year and welcomed in another! But I am happy to say that we are thrilled with what this year has brought us and are looking forward to what lies ahead as we journey throughout life together. I can't believe how fast this year went, before we know it it'll be 2020! Well first things first, let's get through 2014! Here are the updates on all of us:

Jason- He is officially all done and graduated, what a relief! He already walked so he is just waiting for his degree to arrive in the mail. Everyday he is on the career job hunt. This is the big boy job that he has been waiting for since he started working on getting his bachelors (he was not a fan of those laboring jobs, but who is really, come on!) He is currently working very closely with a recruiter amping up his resume to make it look nice and fancy and marketable if a company were to show an interest in him, and it looks promising. This recruiter works for the Harley Davidson company which its headquarters are right here in Milwaukee because this is where it all started for this business. They are starting to look at hiring since it's a new quarter and he would be working in the marketing department. Other than that he is constantly applying and looking for getting in with a sports team to market for them. And more recently he is trying to become a coach in the area where we're living hoping to bring in extra money on the side since he wants to be a coach anyways to our own kids, so that is the other avenue he is pursuing. This has definitely been hard on him as he is trying to provide for us, etc. but with patience and little time we know that the Lord has a plan in store for us and it will be made known to us. We are not giving up on our faith and hope, but rather using this hard time to focus on all that is yet to come :)

Me- Another semester has passed and another one has started up again, yippee. (that is slightly sarcastic!) I am taking a full load this semester with 12 credits and getting one step closer to graduating. I was freaking out thinking that it would be forever before I'd be done, and while I still have some time I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, finally! After this full semester I will be taking two classes on my off track (this coming spring/summer) and in the fall this year I will take another 12 credits, then in winter 2014 I'll have my internship, and then I'll have one class to take after my internship to graduate and will be all done fall 2015. Now, if the school decides to open up any classes earlier, which is definitely possible according to an email I received, then I will be able to get completed before 2015 which is just splendid! So with that all being said, this long path has become so worth it to me. The goals I have set for myself and especially for not giving up after Connor was born has already brought about the biggest rewards and blessings for me personally. Jason has been my number one fan/supporter and Connor has definitely been such a good easy baby this whole time that it's made my job so much easier. He is such a sweetheart and I make sure to remember how lucky I got to have such a little angel (let's hope it stays like that when the toddler years approach) With a baby in tow, and book in hand, I wouldn't want my life to be any other way! I just can't imagine not going through school without having Connor join me throughout the journey!

Connor- This little man has such a big personality, we absolutely can't get enough of him and we're with him everyday! It's like we're saying more, more, more! He is 10 months old 31.5 inches and 25 pounds. He's outgrown his infant car seat for a long time now and has been in a big boy seat! He loves being able to see us in front of him and to look out all of the windows. It feels like he is growing everyday, it's unbelievable. He has well outgrown his 12 month pjs and even some 12 month clothes and is now wearing 18 month clothes/pjs now. Plus, he is already fitting into his walking shoes because his feet are so big, it's insane. He looks so cute on sundays in his baby sperrys! He is just bound to be one tall dude. Maybe his future does include the NBA ;) one only hopes, meaning his father! He loves to eat. Every time we open the fridge he gets so excited, it is literally a fully body experience when the fridge opens and he sees all of the food. He knows what the yogurt containers look like and squeals with excitement. We are working on getting this recorded because it is hilarious. He sleeps through the night 8 is bedtime and he wakes up at 8 sometimes 9. He is still napping twice, but eventually I know this won't be the case, but until then I'll take it! His morning routine is still structured and we enjoy our mornings together they are just so relaxing and it's a plus because he still loves to have snuggle time with his mommy. He says momma and crawls after me when I leave the room, I know he won't be attached to me forever and I don't expect him to be, but I will take what I can get now before time runs out! He can also say dada, nana, and all done. I taught him to wave hi and bye, Aunt Natalie taught him how to high five, and every time he learns something new he claps his hands in excitement, it's so cute. He loves elmo and talks and squeals when he hears elmo on a toy he has or on the iPhone. He has a miniature basketball hoop and has been figuring out how to put the basketball through the hoop. He loves to play with balls, cars, and trains. He gets so curious and has such a big urge to learn about everything going on around him. I love that most about him, I know he'll be one smart munchkin in preschool! He doesn't like to sit still he's always on the move. But as of recently he's actually shown more of an interest in wanting to read. He brings me a book and wants to read them together. We also play together and I'm trying everyday to teach him something new. He has such a big urge to learn, I love how eager he is for trying new things. We sit on the ground and roll a ball back and forth and after he rolls it he claps his hands with so much excitement! I can't believe how fast they can learn. He does tear out only the blank pages out of some of the books he's gotten his fingers on, maybe he realizes those are the unimportant pages so he's trying to get to the good part :) he pulls up to every pice of furniture, and is walking side to side and figuring out how to use his feet. He has good balance and can stand on his for a brief period of time, then he plunks down! He will walk with us as we hold his hands and if he feels stable enough he'll walk from one furniture piece to the other (but it has to be close in distance). He has long been done with baby food, he deny's anything that is not big boy food. He is starting to take milk from sippy cups now, and we're working on the binky he's not attached but it's a comfort. There are no teeth, we have patiently been waiting for them! But he can eat anything expect nuts or peanut butter. We cut up his meat really small or anything else to help him chew it down with his gums and he does really well with food and loves it all, oh expect for mashed potatoes which is odd since I loved french fries when I was pregnant. We are starting to plan his 1 year birthday party and can't believe how fast his first whole year is going. Before we know it we'll move past the baby stage and into the toddler stage. Horray for new stages :) I'll admit it is a little bittersweet though!

Stay tuned because I will be posting a ton of pictures, but until then I hope everyone is staying warm and ringing in this new year in style! We are definitely staying warm as the weather here has been well below in the negatives, like we're talking -25 -30 so cold even for me! Schools have been canceled, church, etc. and so we are consuming massive quantities of hot chocolate and piling on all of our warmest blankets while watching netflix. It's like a date night every night for us the past few days! We aren't complaining, we love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment