this sweet little boy is growing up right before my eyes. I don't know how I feel about that! It is definitely bittersweet! You always here parents say how fast it goes, but you don't know what that really means until you're in the moment!! I have so much fun being his mommy and watching all of the new things that he is learning and developing in already.
we have a little explorer on our hands, we are now in the stage of actually having to monitor during playtime so that he doesn't get hurt or into trouble form adventuring around. I thought crawling was tough enough and now we are in the pulling up to everything stage! We've baby proofed anything and everything and those little fingers find the smallest things possible, even bugs, oh yeah and dirt,ewww!! This little chunker is wearing 12 month clothes at 8 months, it's insane how fast he's packin on the pounds. He weighs 21 pounds and is 30 inches long and has a cute tiny head.
His first word was "nana" (at 7 months old)
I was feeding him a banana and all of the sudden out of nowhere he says "nana" I'm like, "woohoo you know what a banana is!" But in my psychology class I learned that at 7 months they'll start to say "baba" and "nana." So, I don't take the psychologist theory on this one, but rather say, my baby is a genius :) besides that he says dada and mama, really he just loves to talk and figures out new sounds every day.
He makes a new friend each time we're out and about, he talks to someone until they give him attention, it's so cute cause then he'll smile so big. I think he has that one figured out for sure!
We sing songs together, I'm so silly and just make up songs and sing to him throughout our day together and he just smiles and talks back to me. Sometimes I can hear him mimicking back to me parts or phrases of the song! I swear he is just learning and picking up on everything that Jason and I do so quickly. He is sleeping awesome throughout the night still. Those who know me, know that I love and treasure my sleep, I'm getting 8-9 hours of sleep a night. This has definitely been a blessing his whole baby life since he's been a great sleeper from the start. I got so lucky!
Still no teeth - I think he's taking after me cause I didn't get my first tooth until I was one.
we love to read together and he'll hold onto to the book, one hand on each end of the book while we're reading.
he loves it when we go on walks/runs together
he supports me while working out, I make a really good jungle gym while I'm on the floor
he has been out of baby food for the past two months - and eats everything that we're eating
he loves yogurt, cheese, ham, pickles, goldfish, cherrios, bread, all fruits and veggies, expect he does not like mashed potatoes. what kid does not like mashed potatoes! Maybe one day he'll figure out how divine they are! but yogurt is his all time favorite food. he could eat it all day every day for every meal, and sometimes this does happen, he can be a little picky. but at the moment he is out of that stage (fingers crossed!) and is back to trying everything again, he's a hungry hippo. he loves to feed himself and uses his sippy cup really well. He doesn't have much interest in his binky or in his bottle so we'll be weening him off of these within the next month or possibly sooner.
Oh yes, and I can't leave out bath time he loves being in the water until he's a raisin.
This little peanut is my pride and joy and I can't believe that he keeps continuing to grow and learn in the world around him. I love that most of all! He gets so happy with himself when he figures out something new, we have a mr.independent already :)










No comments:
Post a Comment