10.05.2013

life of a baby











This little man is growing up too fast! I look at him every day and marvel that I have been blessed to be his mom. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I remember thinking before he was born, many different things. And most of it was just the fear of the unknown and that can be a little unsettling at times. But I look back and wonder, why did I ever feel that way? It's so silly of me. And I find I do this with more things in life, when I need to take a leap of faith. Taking a leap of faith into motherhood has helped me overcome some hurtles that I needed to jump over. I have been able to learn and grow in many ways with my role as a mother. I love his smile, and I love looking at him and there looking back at me are the sweetest pair of eyes. I love his snuggles and how he reaches up for me. He makes my heart so happy and I know that he was meant to come into our lives. He is my light, my world, and my everything. Well he will be seven months old this monday but at six months these were the things going on in his baby world:
crawling everywhere and getting into everything
still teething, we're waiting for those teeth to come down, his gums are so hard though and we can see the teeth underneath the gums
he's happy that he can sit up like a big boy in the big boy tub (no more tub insert for this guy!)
whenever we go somewhere we get so many people who will literally stop us in our tracks just to tell us how big our baby's eyes are or how blue they are or how adorable he is. it's funny cause it happens every time we go out, and we tell these people, yes we get this ALL the time 
he smacks his lips and has so much to say he's always talking and making new sounds
loves to learn and figure out what going on in the world- he's such a smart boy
story time is an activity that he likes, especially before bedtime
he sleeps 10+ hours a night
eating everything-not picky when he can talk I bet he'll say, FEED ME!
we are feeding him anything that we are eating so he is getting exposed to lots of different foods
he loves german food, pickles, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, all fruits, oatmeal, yogurt, and cheese.
 I like to make him homemade baby food instead of giving him that processed stuff since it's not as healthy
basically anything that he can get his little fingers on he'll eat it's so much fun letting him try new things
his acid reflux and spitting up is 100x better and we figured out how to help him
it was one of those things we had to wait out and now it's all gone which is something to celebrate!
we had a half party for Connor, of course he loved the cupcake we let him have he's slightly spoiled :)
being surrounded by so much family means lots of people to love on him so he eats up all the attention 
weighed 16 1/2 pounds
measured 26 1/2 inches
and has a tiny little head 
we basically love him to pieces 

No comments:

Post a Comment