9.20.2012

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag

the title of this post is in German meaning, all is good (or well) on your birthday! I've been teaching Jason some easy german words here and there, he's really interested in learning and that makes me very happy. We want to have strong family ties within our growing family, that way we can stay connected to our heritage. I am half German and Jason is a quarter and our children are of course going to have German in them. I want to be able to teach our children so they can keep that German background strong in their hearts, like I do! We want to pass it down!

now onto the birthday celebrations that we had:

this year I made Jason a basketball cake, white cake with reeses peanut butter frosting, and the top is decorated with reeses pieces out lined as a basketball. Jason will always love his basketball! he really wanted a carrot/reeses cake but I didn't think that combination would be any good, haha. but he's a guy! 
So, this year Jason's Mom came to finally be able to celebrate in his birthday and what a treat it was to have her be a part of his birthday, we loved spending some quality time together! She also joined us for a surprise birthday dinner at Pizza Pie Cafe, Jason's all time favorite place to eat!! Then his sister Natalie and our good friends came over later for cake. We sure love being surrounded by such good people and that they are a part of our lives!
I am so thankful to share my life with my best man, I'm not just lucky I am truly blessed. I love where life is taking us and I wouldn't want it to be any other way. He is the future dad of our little one, and I know that he will wear that title proudly and hold it with great honor. We stick by each other's side through thick and thin, and together we can conquer anything hard or difficult, and that's what I love about our marriage. Happy Birthday to you my love =)  

No comments:

Post a Comment