7.08.2012

Maui No Ka 'Oi

Maui No Ka 'Oi means Maui is the best
and I would have to agree one hundred percent!!!

the pictures are coming to an end. . .

 Hawaiian dessert 
from left to right: coconut brownie, macadamia nut mini pie, and edible chocolate cup filled with coconut pudding, and a coconut square
on this day we spent it doing the Road to Hana



 we hiked and and saw many lookout points
enjoyed delicious pineapple our whole entire trip, of course! 






 ate mini Apple Bananas 
 this spot was the Huelo Lookout



we did lots of hiking and saw many waterfalls 
(for those particular pictures I'm still waiting for them to gent sent to us from Jason's parents) there are many gorgeous pictures that they got of the waterfalls! too bad my camera died later on in the day!!






getting on this log for a picture was really difficult. it doesn't look like it but I slipped two separate times, so luckily I dug my fingernails deep enough into the wood to save myself! and I had my father in law there just in case! if I did fall all the way it wasn't too far down! my shoes were not good for gripping, but they do look nice at least =) it's time to invest in some decent hiking shoes for the future!








walked along the beach on our last day in Hawaii 










 ate chocolate covered macadamia nuts
 carved our initials into this tree in the little town of Lahaina 
we also went to the sweetest arts and craft fair that I have ever been to! I found two of my favorite artists there (I had to make sure I only limited myself to two since I can't have the whole fair!) this particular art fair only happens every two months and so we were pretty lucky to go there at the right time, it was meant to be for me. something just hit home for me when I was talking to my top to artists it's the things that inspire them most which touched my heart. that is what I love most about art especially when I can see a part of me in their art. I really look forward to having our first home so I can put up pretty artwork =)



watched the sunset from our plane back to the Mainland, it was so hard to come home to reality. we loved our time in Maui and can't wait until our next trip back! next up on our list is Germany!!!

2 comments:

  1. Let us know when you guys are headed back to Hawaii...or Germany! How fun would it be to make it a group date! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love all the pictures!! I'm so jealous. Like Mandy said we should make it a group date one day :)

    ReplyDelete