This weekend has been a great one for me. I have been able to contemplate on the things I believe and value most in my life. I loved having this time to reflect on my life and remember more of all the simple gifts I have to be grateful for. I truly am blessed with so much that I shouldn't take for granted any second. Time is love. And time is a precious thing. I have been recognizing that as I am preparing to get married. The time I have with the people I care about is becoming more limited, and I can't take for granted those relationships.
Fall has always been my favorite season. It's magnificent colors are just a wonder to me. When Autumn arrives the leaves change colors and the trees start preparing for winter. I am reminded of where I am with my life in preparing for this new chapter, which is the next phase of my life. I am getting ready for winter as well by getting rid of all the things that I don't want to carry on with me once winter comes. I am in a way, experiencing fall within myself right now. I am remembered of how in this uplifting season I should always be striving to walk with a spirit of thanksgiving by having an, "attitude of gratitude." Life's simplest gifts are those everyday things which bring happiness into our souls.
I need to sincerely give thanks for all that I have. I pondered this over the weekend. It is comforting that I get to behold all the different colors of fall and with it comes the opportunity to change as those leaves will get swept away with the wind, never brought back on the tree until next year. Nature is an example for our lives on how to improve. I am so thankful for the knowledge I have, on where I am now, where I'll be going, and for now in my life on how to always be better.
I can't wait for winter. And with it comes much happiness for me. I am so blessed to be marrying my best friend, to take upon myself a new name, which I will honor and treasure the rest of my life! I love the simple gifts I have which I am truly grateful for. I am striving everyday to always remember to live in thanksgiving for all that I have. I am so thankful for my family, and for my best friend. I love him with all my heart. Our love for one another has grown immensely since the first day we met, it is a beautiful thing. It's been a great journey so far and I've learned so much about who I am inside. What could be greater than to have that kind of opportunity? It has truly been self gratifying for me. I look forward to our upcoming journey through each season to come, so we can keep growing and learning. December is coming soon, but fall comes first!
"Live in thanksgiving daily, regardless of our surroundings"
~President Thomas S. Monson
This life is an improving ground, to become better than we already are.
Walk the way with a thankful attitude.
Quote By ~Teddy Roosevelt
"Character is the strong defining factor of who you are"
~Richard G. Scott
The best thing we can do is trust in the Lord, consistently live everyday to become what we want to be, and strive to truly be thankful for each thing placed before us. For it is there to help us become successors.
Success is the sum of many small efforts.

No comments:
Post a Comment