10.13.2010

Autumns Blessings, fall is here.

"Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit, and watch the leaves turn." ~  Elizabeth Lawrence



Fall is here, my favorite season!  I love all the smells that I associate Autumn with, the colors, and the crisp air.  Pumpkin bread, and carving pumpkins, straw mazes, and then of course the most significant, is being with the ones you love and care about and in sharing that with them.  It's all combined into pure joy, how couldn't I be more happy during this time year?!

So much is happening coming up it's unbelievable to me how fast the time is going!  Thanksgiving will be coming right around the corner, Jason and I will mark the day of going out for 2 years, we send out our Wedding invitations, we have the opportunity to remember all that we've been given in our life to be grateful for, and after this holiday, Jason and I will only have one more holiday before getting married!  I truly can not wait!!!  Not much time, but thankfully we don't have much planning left, which is helping us to focus more on school and other important things in preparation for our new life together!

The clock is still ticking, and we are of course still counting down, every day!   I have been remembering lately how this time we have together before we get married is the most precious time of our life.  And taking time during our busy days focusing on those things that truly matter most, and pushing away those unnecessary details in life that don't matter or have a lasting effect.  In the end, what matters most is the relationship that we each have with God, and our important earthly relationships.  I am touched with this knowledge that I have, knowing that while life seems hard at times; if life were truly easy it wouldn't be hard.  It wouldn't be worth it.

I love my man so much, I am humbled from his kind and loving attitude.  It impacts me every day that we are together.  I have been blessed beyond my own comprehension that our paths were able to cross, and that ever since, we have had a wonderful journey!  I just can not wait for what more of it is to come!

Our last, fun-filled fall semester together before we're married :)

We are both Cheeseheads!

On Wisconsin!!! I think he represents well now!

"The leaves are falling, falling as from way off,
as though far gardens withered in the skies;
they are falling with denying gestures.
And in the nights the heavy earth is falling
from all the stars down into loneliness.
We all are falling. This hand falls.
And look at others: it is in them all.
And yet there is one who holds this falling
endlessly gently in his hands."
 ~
Ralph Waldo Emerson, 
Autumn




I am truly blessed for all that I have, and for all that is to come. 

Tis the season, to live in joy for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment