Here are the current updates:
July- We spent the 4th of July with family and went to the Greendale Village days where Connor went on a train ride, and down a carpet slide, won a blow up basketball and stuffed toy at a game booth, ate yummy corn and fresh kettle corn and brats of course. After enjoying that activity Jason grilled delicous food back at home on his awesome new grill that I got him for fathers day, he won the title of grill master! Then we put Connor to sleep (and he slept thru all of the fireworks) we also did fireworks in our backyard. My brother launched one called a "missile rocket" it was huge and probably not good for a backyard. But he light it up anyway and it misfired almost severely hurting Jason, my mom, and himself. It was seriously a very close call and way too scary. Since it was like the noise of a bomb, their ears were ringing for a long time afterwards. It was a memorable moment that's for sure. I thought a bomb went off, no joke, because some of the debris hit the back sliding door where I was siting, and parts went into our neighbors house almost defecting their garage and the elderly woman inside the garage. So when I went outside I was shocked to figure out what happened.We also enjoyed lots of outdoor activities, swimming, exploring, and taking spontaneous day trips like one to Lake Geneva. We ran a 5K together and this was my first big run and I absolutely loved training for it. We ran it in the time that we trained for which was pretty cool. We also went to the Waukesha county fair.
August- Jason was continuing to coach two boys basketball and Connor has loved learning more of this sport as well. He's definitely one sporty boy, and has a yearning to learn more about basketball each and every day! His shooting is getting way too good for how little he is, he can throw it with both hands into the hoop. But what would you expect he's one of ours! We spent many of our days outside in the sun. Went to the Wisconsin State Fair, and went on our big trip to Hawaii which was definitely a highlight of this month. After returning home I then went on another trip but with my mom and sister to Door County, WI. We had a spa day with amazing massages (I slept like a baby thru mine), pedicures, and time in a sauna, shopped till we dropped, enjoyed the pretty scenery of up north, and had much needed quality time together just us girls.
September- As fall approaches there are some new things that await us and we look forward to some change in our lives. We feel blessed to have made it a whole year living in WI, especially for my mother's kindness in letting us live with her for that amount of time, she's been a lifesaver. I'm in my last semester of classes ever, horray! I am so ready to graduate and to put all of my time and energy into my role as wife and mother. It will be a great feeling knowing that all of my time will go to Connor instead of feeling like it's split between the two. But I've been making it work none the less. We went to the watermelon fest 45 min away and ate fresh watermelon, fed the animals there, and pointed out every animal saying ba or da, went on a hay ride and a barrel ride, and went through the corn maze. We celebrated Jason's b-day which was topped with a homemade carrot cake that I made, along with a broccoli chicken Alfredo, a skinny version so it was healthy and still yummy. Jason has moved departments at Kohl's and is in Ecom now and he'll be able to be promoted in this department which he's thrilled about. His job has been a very big blessing. We love knowing that we will be living in the midwest for a good long time now. We did not expect to be here this long, but we also didn't know what was in store for us either. Sometimes change is good. And that knowledge makes us a bunch of happy people over here!

legit WI cheese in door county
a funny sign in a gift store

duck rock
a full spa day, it was heavenly
pottery painting
I spy two kitties
I spy Connor
playing ba ball (basketball) with daddy

WI state fair

Waukesha county fair
got a picture with a real baby monkey
he liked him but the monkey hair was tickling his face
5k run
Lake Geneva day trip

snuggles with the doggie
he loves bubble baths
fourth of July

at the watermelon fest on a pumpkin farm
first fall hay ride

date night playing tennis
reading the book of mormon in his favorite spot in the house

trying on hats for the winter
eating snacks out of a measuring cup, his favorite thing ever
we love walking samson
we love our man dad!


























No comments:
Post a Comment