It has been WAY too long since I updated the blog! So much has happened and we have been very busy with just living our lives day to day! The biggest event is Jason ended his contract with BonTon corporate and he is now working at Kohl's corporate headquarters here in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. He loves it! He does data entry and is working in the Marketing department. He is on another contract job and hoping that his position will turn into a permanent job. Who would have thought that we'd be located here?! I did not think we would be here quite this long, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Lots of wonderful blessings and little tender mercies have come into our lives by being here. Jason is also doing one on one coaching for basketball with a boy in our ward. He does it two times a week for the whole summer. He loves being able to teach him, which is good training for when he wants to actually become a coach on the side down the road. He loves being able to teach his favorite sport.
I have been a busy body with sir Connor. He is a walking machine now, look out world! At his 15 month doctor appointment, he weighed 24 pounds and is just an inch shy of being three feet tall! His doc said she wouldn't be surprised if he grew up to be one tall boy, and I would have to agree! He is a joy to have in our family and we love all of the many laughs that we get on a daily basis. He is such a clown. He loves, and mean LOVES basketball. He says "ba ball" for basketball. It is so cute! He walks over to get his ball and he'll get one for each hand and double fist slam dunk them into his basketball hoop. He is getting trained well from his daddy that's for sure :)
He is in Nursery now and has been for almost three weeks, and he thinks it's the best thing! He stays in the whole time doesn't cry or put up a fuss, and just plays with all of the other kids. It definitely wears him out which results in a long nap time on sunday - sometimes for all of us! I peaked on him just this last week and he was siting reverently in a chair while they were doing singing time and learning something new. It was so cute to see. He is sure growing up fast and I love how independent he is.
He also says duck, momma, dada, nana, bye bye, and understands the words for milk, food, bath, and bedtime (he scurries aways when we say the later word!)
I am getting prepared to graduate. I am all signed up for graduating this December, it is confirmed and all in place. Now, it just needs to speed up! I am also looking forward to the 7 week break where I can take in a little refreshing "me" time, which is definitely needed. I'm constantly on the go from one thing to the next. But I wouldn't trade any of these opportunities for the world.
Current events:
We babysat a lovely family in our ward. The parents went out of town for three days and we went to their home and watched their eight kids. We went from 1 to 9 in a matter of 24 hours, and we loved it! And so did Connor. He played his little heart out each day - to the point where he was taking two (long) naps a day! Jason played lots of basketball with the kids and we brought them to our house to swim. We loved being in their him and feeling of the wonderful foundation that they have placed for their children to grow up in, the spirit was so strong there we didn't want to leave. We now know that we can handle 8 kids, maybe it's a sign I guess we'll have to see ;)
Jason and I spoke in church this past sunday. It was such an uplifting experience for us. We talked on marriage and the fulfillment and satisfaction that it brings to our lives. So of course it was only fitting that I used my major to its benefit! I'll be posting them in my marriage and family blog, along with many other great resources I've learned recently.
We have been training and preparing for running a 5K this summer. We are now able to run the 4.5 miles, and feel so great afterwards. I love running and what it has done to my body, I can't complain one bit because that is what helped me to loose the rest of the baby weight from Connor. I am now 5 pounds lighter than I was pre-pregancy, it's crazy! It was a win-win situation. Doing running in combination with yoga has been my absolute favorite and it keeps me centered and aligned.
But of course Jason trained me well!
We went to MN for Jonathan's graduation, and it was nice to be surrounded by our Minnesota family. Connor now recognizes grandma and grandpa Dimond more and it is just so cute to watch them together. It touches my heart! We had fun swimming, eating yummy food, and going to the aquarium at the mall of america, Connor enjoyed looking at the fish and walking underneath them. We look forward to seeing them again in July.
We have been busy in our callings at church. We are both in the primary, Jason teaches and I am the pianist. We've been preparing for the primary program coming this fall so it's been lots of fun for me learning all of the songs and being involved in such an inspiring part of the church.
Not only do I play for my calling but I continue to play for my own enjoyment as well. I have been learning two Piano Guys pieces - Thousand years and Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief
I love piano and the fact that I've kept it up for the past 20+ years has definitely been beneficial. I'm looking into teaching piano lessons from home. I have been teaching my brother and felt like I should start teaching it for reals, I'll plan to do this after I graduate!
We look forward to the rest of our summer and the little trips we have planned along with our one big vacation. We love spending time tougher and growing in our love for one another!
Here are picture updates from the last time I put up pictures:

Intently getting prepared for general conference
He loves siting in Samson's dog bed
Samson wished he was coming on a walk too!
Ready for school and to drive - he's growing up quick ;)
Having fun at target with mommy
His first big boy hair cut, I love giving him haircuts!

The different emotions that I capture of him throughout the day!
Sneakily trying to take his shoes off!
Watching his favorite show, daniel tiger, based off of Mister Rogers
Not all family pics are all smiles! this was our family easter picture

Loves and kisses from his auntie, they are great buddies!

He loves uncle Emerson's room for two reasons.
basketballs and legos.
We made won tons!
It's a trap!
best buddies. They have grown more close each day!

The pic on the left he was keeping my mother's day treat safe in his hand!



playing at the Betty Brin Children's Museum he loved exploring
sucking on pebbles, and anything else that he could put in his mouth
this was where he first started walking!

Wearing his train conductor hat while playing with his trains!
went to the Wisconsin Dells memorial weekend with Jason's family!


had lots of fun at the Milwaukee county zoo on Memorial Day!
Jason juggled at our ward talent show! His act was great. Plus an Elder beat boxed for him!


lots of swimming time!

So much fun at grandma and grandpa Dimond's house!
the Jelly fish at the aquarium




With the Graduate!



Fun at the park!
Socks are yummy when I'm out of snacks!
going down the slide with Daddy!

Fun at the Olsen home where we babysat, he loved one of the kids buckets!
A card C made in Nursery for Father's Day
Family pics on Father's Day
These two are partners in crime together!
C's official card to daddy, with a little help from me of course.
We loved celebrating having dad in our lives!
Escaping on his knees from the mess he made, but I couldn't help capturing it!
Plus, it tastes like fiber :)

playing "ba ball!"
That's all for now folks, we are all officially updated with the most recent family pic to date!
We hope all of our friends are enjoying their time, we miss you all :)








































































No comments:
Post a Comment