1.13.2014

Winter time fun


 we took some pictures because he was so excited for christmas to finally come. 
so of course I had to document it :)






 this was Connor's first interaction with snow and he didn't mind it. this day was a warmer one but don't worry I took the picture quick enough to get him back into the warm house!



we sure loved all of the snow, it was truly a winter wonderland over in our neck of the woods.
my christmas gift came early this year, an iPhone 5S! 



peppermint hot chocolate plus some salted carmel hot coco are the best this time of year.

everyone knows this is the correct pronunciation, come on! 
the greatest fortune that I've ever gotten out of a fortune cookie
it was spot on! good thing it's my lucky number 7!  
 all of us girls went to see the Nutcracker in downtown Milwaukee, we had a great time!





his new christmas binky from grandma laurie. he loves to put it in his mouth upside down giving him a goatee. he's just such a silly boy and always trying to make us laugh, it's pretty comical! 


 I also got a connor present this year, that was my favorite gift out of all :)


 while we were at my dad's house for christmas I saw this quote posted on the fridge
this was literally one of my favorites from this past general conference, so I loved seeing it!
 he did really well (of course with some help) on opening his presents. the ones I wrapped in tissue paper he loved opening they were the easiest for him to figure out what to do and he also loved hearing the crinkle of the paper. but next year when he understands a little more about what's going on will make it great fun to watch! All of his grandparents spoiled him rotten this year! Thank you again to all of our parents. but really we just loved being able to spend some time with each of you :) grandma and grandpa Dimond got him a mini basketball hoop to hang over a door. So now as you'd imagine, Jason is already starting to teach him how to use a basketball! He wants him to be all set for when it comes time to coach Connor's basketball team! I gave Jason (he says it's a legit) basketball hoop to hang over a door, like for in his future office, it is very cute how father and son take after each other with their sporty characteristics. it's just priceless to see how Jason interacts with Connor and how eager he's been to learn anything new that we teach him.
he is growing up right before our eyes!


 enjoying his Zanny Zoo!
all of our parents received their personalized and very own christmas hand tree.
each one looked a little different but we had lots of fun making these and Connor loved the finger paint!



he experienced his first time sledding this winter 
we loved doing this together as a little family. 



 he really wanted to find the right toy, it was buried at the bottom of his toy bin!


fresh berries in the winter time are so yummy.
Connor loved playing with his food, it got everywhere but boy was it lots of fun!

 we made hand and foot ornaments for his first christmas
I love how they turned out! 
we also made a gingerbread house. 




 Connor still went to bed at his normal time of 8pm on new years eve, we didn't want his schedule to get thrown off. we toasted to the new year in style with our miniature glasses and sparkling apple juice.
we wonder what this new year has in store for us!
I guess we'll have to see all that awaits us :)

we made homemade personal pizzas, per Jason's request but they are healthy ones since we are on the insanity diet/exercise program. I've loved doing insanity since having Connor and only have about 6 or 7 pounds left to loose. all of this hard work and effort has really payed off. I never thought it would take this long for me to get my pre baby body back, I thought I'd jump right back. but my hips are still wide, meaning some of my favorite buckle jeans from before won't fit at all but hey Connor was well worth it and all of our other babies to come will be too :) it's those little things that I am grateful for!
 this is how we found his woody the other day
I guess he was trying to escape the toy bin!

 Connor didn't mind Santa at all, in fact, he loved him! he loved looking up at him! 
taking it easy in samson's dog bed, he found a new comfy spot.
 he is now tall enough to peek over the top of the table he is such a big boy!
 he likes his binky upside down and all around, so I wanted to get a pic of it!
 in his big boy outfit from great-grandma Degen and great Aunt Tammy!
 he is a pro at going up the stairs, we have to watch out now
because walking is just around the corner for us! 
we have so much fun with our little man!

1 comment:

  1. Those little hand/foot ornaments are adorable! Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete