on december 28th while we were in Utah we celebrated our two year anniversary!!! we got dressed up all fancy and headed to the Joseph Smith memorial building to the 10th floor. when we got to the top floor we made our reservation to eat at The Garden Restaurant. and boy was our food delicious, it was well worth the money we spent for dinner! I had parmesan crusted chicken and Jason had their meatloaf, we each picked out their top two rated dishes, who knew! plus, we had a wonderful view of the Salt Lake Temple from our dinner table which made for a great romantic evening!
now for a little story:
later on during dinner our waitress asked us what the special occasion was, so we told her that we were celebrating our two year anniversary. it then came time to order dessert. there was so much to choose from it was hard for my pregnancy cravings to pick, but I went with the Creme Brûlée. it is a caramelized dessert topped with berries and underneath the caramelized topping is a whipped custard, and it's my absolute favorite treat to splurge on when I get the chance! when I was about finished with my dessert our waitress came over with two balloons and tied one onto each of our chairs. she told us when she comes back to follow her. once she finally came back to get us we untied our balloons and took them to the front of the restaurant. by this time we were the center of attention and we don't like it to be all on us! she announced to all guests eating there that it was our anniversary, and to join in on saying congratulations on the count of three! once they all reached three the roof to the restaurant opened up and we let our balloons go while making a wish!!! it was the sweetest moment that we will never forget. it is something so special that we can look back on and remember many years down the road, like when we are celebrating our 50 year anniversary (won't that be crazy to think about!)
it's in the moments like these which I will cherish aways!
I love the man I am sharing my life with, we have so much fun together and I love the adventure that we are on. It is a great ride to be on forever!


two roses for two years
it's our little tradition
we add a rose for each year of marriage!
here are to many more years of wedded bliss!





No comments:
Post a Comment