This week there have been many different things flowing through my mind that are leaving a lasting impression on me. Family is the main one, and I have been missing these two magnificent people greatly. So much has taken place and I love feeling a sense of peace when I read through my Grandpa Walter's life history. His book has helped me enormously to remember some of life's most important truths-With God, all things are possible. It's so simple, but, yet so hard to grasp when life throws you curve balls.
Here are three things I've been trying to recognize:
"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people."
--Abraham J. HeschelThroughout their whole life they always gave to others endlessly
And if nothing else, they were kind, true, and loving.
It is said often by my dear mother - the way in which you life your life now,
will be reflected later in your eyes.
when you look in their eyes they reflect a real and pure happiness, you can see all the joy they had in life
I just love that!
As I have been reflecting on all the many treasures I learned from my grandparents, I found this saying that I want to be able to apply into the foundation we'll one day give our family. Grandma Rosie wanted to give her family a deep love for the gospel and also for yourself - and I think she did both. She gave them solid family roots to grow up with, but then wings to venture out with into the world. Together, my grandparents made sure that certain things were taking place within the walls of their own home.
That legacy lives on within each of their children and it has been passed down to their own children as well. This rippling effect has left such an imprint on my heart. It is so full of love when I think about their legacy. I can't help but feel so blessed to be part of a family that is rooted in the gospel.
A rose for rosie
And lastly, here Joseph Campbell explains with such simplistic words
a hope of what life is.
There is a life waiting for each of us
It's time to let go, to let go of the life I planned
to let in some new experiences, trials, joys, hardships,
hidden blessings, failures,
-anything that makes my heart sing.
A life that is waiting for me.
What makes your heart sing?



Sweet Liz, I loved reading this post. You are an amazing and strong woman. Thank you for your wonderful example!
ReplyDelete