7.01.2011

How sweet it is to be loved by you :)

We have been married for 6 months now!!  My how the time keeps flying by!!!  Every now and again we will reminisce of when we first met and first started dating.  It was such a journey to be on, especially seeing where we were then and compare it up until now, we had many opportunities to learn and grow that much more from.  Not only have we grown more ourselves but also in our love.  We have been figuring out what works best for us as we are a new family.  Learning how to work through conflict and resolve those conflicts with patience and kindness; showing our love in new ways everyday, and making sure that Heavenly Father is the center of everything we do.  It is what brings us to where we are in our marriage right now.  I have been richly blessed to have Jason in my life for as long as I have!

A little update: I gave a talk in sacrament meeting last Sunday, on Marriage!  I loved preparing my ideas and gathering all the uplifting messages I wanted to use.  I was definitely spiritually feed that day!  On Wednesday when I came home from work Jason had a nice candle-lit dinner waiting for me, he is such a sweet man!  And then to my surprise I found all over our apartment a handful of the most touching love notes!  While I was preparing for my talk, I read Elder Scott's conference talk, where he tells stories of his beautiful wife and the precious life they shared together, always striving to grow their love.  And he talked of a time where he would be in a meeting, and would open up his scriptures to find the most profound notes left for him, from his wife.  They would touch him in such a way where he could not go on with the meeting, due to the tears streaming down his face.  I had thought to myself then, I would love to have that kind of a tender experience sometime.  It is so wonderful how the spirit works!  I had asked Jason what made him think to do that for me (not knowing I had read that talk yet until I told him later).  He tenderly replied saying why not you are worth it, and the spirit prompted me to.  It made my heart full of happiness and gratitude for the wonderful life I have with Jason!  And for the sweet moments that will have lasting effects on us!    
We have both been working hard and love the days off we have.  But, we can't wait until two weeks from now when our vacation time starts!  We are going to be busy travelers July and August, but it will be filled with much fun for us both!! 

This picture is from when we first started dating 
in Oct.2008
We look so different :)







What joy I have had so far on my journey with Jason,
And I look forward to the rest of our adventure through life together, 
just him and I against the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment